Listen Live on  
 

1310 WIBA

Madison's News/Talk Station
 
 

Candles Cause South Side Apartment Fire

 
Candles Cause South Side Apartment Fire
Posted August 31st, 2014 @ 6:40am

MADISON - Unattended candles were the cause of an apartment fire Friday night on Madison's south side.

City fire officials say they received a call at 10:20pm describing fire alarms within then multi-unit building on the 300-block of Kent Lane.

Within minutes they located the flames in an unoccupied unit and extinguished them.

The tenant was not home at the time, but returned to explain she had left candles burning.

No injuries were reported and damages are estimated at $15,000.

Recommended Stories

More from 1310 WIBA

*