Listen Live on  
 

1310 WIBA

Madison's News/Talk Station
 
 

No injuries in fire on Madison's East Side

 
Posted Tuesday, May 27th 2014 @ 5am  by 1310 WIBA

An east side homeowner ignored 9-1-1 dispatcher instructions to stay out of his home, where there was a kitchen fire Monday afternoon. He was on a mission to rescue his three cats, so he wrapped a towel around his head and went inside to get his pets. No injuries were reported.

The fire broke out just before 2:30 p.m. on Richard Street.

A pot of hot oil on the stove sparked the blaze, which did about $40,000 in damage.

Recommended Stories

More from 1310 WIBA

*