Damage is estimated at $100,000 for a barn fire in northern Dane County overnight.  The fire was reported shortly after 10:00 PM at 5874 Cuba Valley Road, after a passerby noticed the barn fully engulfed in flames. 

According to the Dane County Sheriff's Department, firefighters from Dane, Deforest, and Waunakee worked together to fight the fire.  No one was hurt.  However, 75 calves were lost in the blaze. 

The cause of the fire is not believed to be suspicious...an electrical malfunction is being considered as the source.  The barn was a total loss.