Grill starts fire; destroys Cottage Grove home

COTTAGE GROVE (WKOW) — Investigators believe an unattended grill started a fire that destroyed a home in Cottage Grove Sunday afternoon.

According to Dane County sheriff’s officials, the fire started around 4 p.m. October 21 at a home in the 2200 block of Appaloosa Lane.

An investigation indicates the homeowner was burning cardboard in a grill on the deck of the home. The grill was left unattended and the home started on fire.

Investigators estimate damage at more than $200-thousand and the home is destroyed. No one was hurt.

Salvation Army is helping the people who live in the home, according to officials.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

1310 WIBA · Madison's News/Talk Station
Listen Now on iHeartRadio