Carbon monoxide buildup blamed for explosion in town of Westport home

An accidental buildup of carbon monoxide is being blamed for an explosion Wednesday morning in a town of Westport home.

The carbon monoxide came from a running vehicle in the garage that eventually reached its explosive limit and was ignited by some sort of nearby ignition source, according to the Middleton Fire Department.

The video shows windows from the garage blowing out, and a kayak launched out the window into the yard.

Middleton fire also confirms there were no injuries.

To read more go to WKOW:


MIDDLETON (WKOW) — An explosion caused a house fire Wednesday morning in the town of Westport near Middleton.

Middleton fire also confirms there were no injuries.

Multiple departments are responded to the call on Sumac Road that came in about 8:37 a.m. Wednesday.

More at WKOW 27 News

Photo: WKOW

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content