Sun Prairie officers hospitalized after helping couple escape house fire

SUN PRAIRIE (WKOW) — Two police officers and two homeowners were hospitalized Tuesday night after inhaling smoke while trying to evacuate a fire.

Firefighters say everyone is expected to be okay.

They say the fire started in the dryer in the basement of a home on Chandler Lane, on the north side of the city.

Two people were inside the home at the time, firefighters say smoke detectors alerted them to the danger.

First responders also rescued four cats from the home.

More at WKOW 27 News

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content