Nicholas K. Murn, 26, Beloit, is charged with five counts of armed robbery of businesses that were engaged in interstate commerce.
The indictment was returned Wednesday in federal court in Madison and alleges that Murn robbed the following businesses:
- 1. Tex’s Grocery on Saint Lawrence Avenue in Beloit on Oct. 17, 2019;
- 2. Casey’s General Store on South John Paul Road in Milton, Wisconsin, on Oct. 23, 2019;
- 3. Stop N’ Go on East Milwaukee Street in Janesville, Wisconsin, on Oct. 24, 2019;
- 4. Mulligans BP Convenience on Milton Avenue in Janesville on Oct. 26, 2019; and;
- 5. Rollette Oil Gas Station on Madison Road in Beloit on Oct. 30, 2019.
Prosecutors say Murn brandished had a firearm with him during each of these robberies.
If convicted, Murn faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in federal prison on each robbery count, according to a news release.
Each charge of “brandishing a firearm” during a crime of violence has a mandatory minimum penalty of seven years in prison, to be served consecutive to any sentence imposed for the robbery.
The charges against Murn are the result of an investigation by the Beloit, Janesville, and Milton Police Departments, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Rita M. Rumbelow is handling the prosecution.
To read more go to WKOW: https://wkow.com/news/2019/11/20/robberies-in-beloit-janesville-and-milton-lead-to-federal-charges/