No injuries in afternoon fire on East Johnson Street UPDATED

One business shut down and three people had to find a place to stay after a fire at a building on East Johnson Street.

It started around 3 p.m.

Fire officials say several callers reported flames and smoke coming from a window on the second floor of a three-story building.

Crews quickly put the fire out. It was contained to the apartment where it started.

No one was injured.

The Macha Tea Company and The Robin Room are on first floor of the building and there are apartments on the upper two floors.

The Madison Fire Department said the three people displaced are staying with family or friends.

Fire officials say they don't know the cause and there's no damage estimate yet.

To read more go to WKOW:

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content