A state of emergency has been declared for the city of Janesville in response to the continuing spread of COVID-19 in Wisconsin and the country.
City Manager Mark Freitag made the declaration Wednesday.
The declaration will do the following:
- Allows the city to be eligible for state and federal assistance
- Gives the city the ability to react more quickly to changing conditions
- Provides the city manager the authority to make purchases and sign contracts that would normally require city council prior approval
- Allows for the modification of other internal policies during the emergency that will help to expedite the response
- Reinforces the city manager's authority to direct employees and make urgent and time sensitive management and staff decisions
The Janesville City Council will have the ability to approve, amend, or repeal the State of Emergency declaration at an upcoming Special City Council Meeting.
To read more go to WKOW https://wkow.com/2020/03/25/janesville-declares-state-of-emergency/