Photo: DON EMMERT/AFP/Getty Images
Take your swing at ending a disease that erases memories and devastates families. Pledge to contribute for every birdie made during the 2018 American Family Insurance Championship! Have you been touched by Alzheimer’s in some way? Are you a golf fan who wants to give back? Simply want to fight a disease that affects more than 110,000 people in Wisconsin alone? Take advantage of this special, three-day-only event to support a serious cause in a spirited way. 100% of all funds raised will go directly to the UW Initiative to End Alzheimer’s — to develop treatments, improve care, and ultimately find a cure for this devastating disease.
Double Your Impact Thanks to the generosity of the Steve Stricker American Family Insurance Foundation, the first $5,000 in gifts made during this event will be matched — that’s twice the support with one pledge!
According to the National Alzheimer’s Association
* 5.7 Million people are living with Alzheimer’s disease right now.
* If they don’t find a cure 14 million people are projected to have the disease by 2050.
* Every 65 seconds someone is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease.
* In 2018 the costs for dealing with this disease with exceed 277 billion dollars.
* By 2050 those costs will increase to more than 1 trillion dollars a year.
* It is the 6th leading cause of death in the US.
* It kills more than Breast Cancer and prostate cancer combined.
* 1 of every 3 seniors dies with Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia.
* In 2017 caregivers provided an estimated 18.4 billion hours of care for those people who have Alzheimer’s disease.
* Early and accurate diagnosis could save up to 7.9 trillion dollars in medical and care costs.
Photos: Getty Images