Parents of man shot, killed by Rittenhouse release statement


KENOSHA (WKOW) -- The parents of one of the men killed by Kyle Rittenhouse in Kenosha in 2020 released a statement Friday, after the jury found the 18-year-old not guilty. 

Karen Bloom and John Huber, the parents of Anthony Huber, said there was "no justice" for their son in the verdict Friday. Rittenhouse was charged with killing two people and injuring a third; his defense team successfully argued that he acted in self-defense.

"Today’s verdict means there is no accountability for the person who murdered our son. It sends the unacceptable message that armed civilians can show up in any town, incite violence, and then use the Bloom and Huber did not attend the trial, saying they did not want to watch the video of their son's death played in front of them. They also said they've received many hurtful comments over the last year since the shooting.

"We are so proud of Anthony, and we love him so much. He is a hero who sacrificed his own life to protect other innocent civilians. We ask that you remember Anthony and keep him in your prayers," Bloom and Huber said in the statement.'

More at WKOW 27 News


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content