Man arrested in Beloit triple shooting released, more arrests expected

The man arrested in connection to a March 11 shooting in Beloit has been released from jail without charges, and more arrests are expected, according to a spokesperson for the city.

Gregory Carter was arrestedMarch 13 in Janesville, and had been held in the Rock County Jail. However, he was released after the Wisconsin Department of Justice reviewed the case, the spokesperson said.

The DOJ reviewed the case because they became the prosecuting agency after the Rock County District Attorney’s office recused itself. An official with the Rock County DA’s office said a staff member is related to one of the shooting victims.

The spokesperson said Carter’s release did not mean he would never be charged, only that the investigation continues.

There is a “high possibility” of more arrests in connection to the shooting, according to the spokesperson.

To read more go to WKOW: https://wkow.com/news/crime/2019/03/20/man-arrested-in-beloit-triple-shooting-released-more-arrests-expected/

title

Content Goes Here