Four construction workers overcome by carbon monoxide

Four contractors were hospitalized Thursday after being overcome by carbon monoxide while doing work at a Mt. Horeb child care center.

A crew of five was working at Hearts and Hands Children's Center when one became drowsy and alerted the others, according to Mt. Horeb Fire Chief Jenny Minter.

Four were taken to the hospital, with one in fairly serious condition, Minter said.

Work was taking place in a gymnasium, however the area is not completely closed off from the rest of the building, Minter said.

Once they learned of the exposure, staff began evacuating children from the facility.

Three of the 53 children at the center had elevated levels of carbon monoxide and were treated on scene and released.

Minter said the source was a self contained grinding machine that ran off a propane tank.

Units from the Mount Horeb Fire Department, Police Department, EMS and Dane County Sheriff's Office are on the scene.

To read more go to WKOW: https://wkow.com/2020/07/02/ambulances-respond-to-daycare-for-carbon-monoxide/

1310 WIBA · Madison's News/Talk Station

Listen Now on iHeartRadio

outbrain pixel