Similar to current restrictions in Madison parks and outdoor spaces, beaches are open with physical distancing.
Beaches are open now that swim ropes are in place, the beach area is has been cleaned by staff, and water quality testing results, performed by Public Health Madison & Dane County are acceptable, according to the city of Madison website.
As of Thursday, James Madison beach is closed for swimming due to blue-green algae detected July 1. The beach will reopen when conditions are acceptable.
The following adjustments and precautions are in place until further notice:
- No lifeguards are on duty.
- No restrooms are currently open. We are evaluating the best way to safely open restrooms with limited staffing resources.
- Practice safe social distancing with anyone outside of your household.
- Stay home if you feel ill.
- While there are limited common touch points, use good hygiene and hand sanitizer.
To read more go to WKOW: https://wkow.com/2020/07/02/madison-beaches-open-for-the-fourth-with-social-distancing/